Everything Else

I have a netflix one month trial going on right now.
Today, I watched something called "National Geographic: The Photographers". This documentary is about all the weird and amazing things that the Nat Geo Photographers have to experience (and sometimes endure) to do what they love. Yes, they do mention how it doesn't feel like work because it's something they love. The documentary was made in 1998, so we're still all about the film. In my opinion, everything is just harder to capture on film. But can you imagine trying to capture a battery (yeah, had to google that) of barracudas swirling around you on film? It's crazy to think about it regardless of what kind of gear you have underwater.

The photographers talk about the good and the bad; the glamorous and the uncomfortable. The speak of the patience, the travel, the bugs in remote regions of the world, the diseases, the lack of companionship, the language barriers, and about being intrusions into strangers' homes. But if there was one thing I could say I learned from it, it would be that you have to be willing to give up everything else to achieve that one dream. 

So I guess, if you have that one dream, you have to ask yourself: are you willing to give up today for a chance at the future? In other words, it's all about how much you want it. At least, that's what the world keeps telling me.